Monday, April 4, 2011

My first post

Hey everybody...i figured everyone is getting blogs so i decided to join in. Im basically gonna treat this as my handy dandy notebook where i just randomly wright things and share my heart. My main focus is gonna be on my spiritual life and how I'm growing and the things i struggle with, and the things i learn. I hope this will help anyone that reads it and hopefully helps me in return which I'm sure it will.

So...i attend Mt pleasant baptist church and we've been putting on the passion of the Christ, his life death and resurrection. Its been so amazing seeing how its effected my life and the others around me, Ive made closer bonds with members i haven't really talked to much, and seeing there life and desire has strengthen mine. Anyways.... i knew there would be many lost people that would come and see our play and i also knew that God would move in mighty ways, i prayed for a long time that i would be able to get my lost family members to come see, because i knew it was gonna be powerful. So last night my sisters came and seen it, and my youngest one chassity (10) was saved and it was such a blessing, i was so proud of her courage and the huge and most significant decision she will ever make. So you can believe i was very happy last night.

Being a servant for Jesus is very difficult, is a daily battle and you have to decide if your gonna fight or be defeated. What does it look like? simple answer complete surrender, turning your life over into Gods hands and let him guide your steps. You must have self control, with out that you will fail over and over again. You must control what you think about, what you listen too, what you watch, garbage in is garbage out and thats the truth. My main struggle is my thoughts and some of the crazyest things that just pop into my head, so i always have to be on guard because satan know my play book and he knows exactly what my weaknesses are and he uses that knowlege against me constantly, i have found the only way to fight this thought process is to immidietly take them captive and get rid of them (i know easier said than done). Another way is to remember scripture, my fav verse is psalms 119:11- I have stored up your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you. It helps if your ready, that you have prepared your self for these times when your tempted...i fail all the time and i constantly have to get on my knees and ask for forgiveness, but ive learned to keep working and praying for strength, and to stay in Gods word that is very important. Well thats it for now hopefully i can post again very soon God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment