Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where does God go?

So i was working yesterday and we drove by this store and it was called Treasure, It made me think of that verse in Matthew 6-where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. I started thinking about my priorities and where do i put God through out my day, and to be honest Hes not number one...what are my first thoughts when i wake up, what things do i think about during the day. Ive realized in the last couple days that i hardly even think of Him. So many times we try to fill are lives with so many things that don't even matter, money, work, family, friends, things to keep us entertained. And I'm not saying these things are bad but when we put them before God its idol worship. So i guess the question I'm asking myself is how do i make God the treasure of my life...of my heart, so that i seek Him everyday with a passion?..Ive been thinking about this and i think Ive come up with some ways. First i think you have to realize what your treasure is and why that's your treasure, and then Start to conform your mind and the way you see things, God breathed lives into us and He sent his son to die for us. I think what has helped me the most is to think of what Jesus done for me, i know i cant really understand suffering and what it really means to be persecuted, i mean i can listen to story's all day long but Intill you experience something for yourself i don't think we can really understand. My greatest tool is Gods word and i have found the more i read it the stronger i am..it truly is life changing, so my goal is to really seek God with all my heart to put him first to stay in his word, and he will show me His will and what he desires for me. Its so hard cause are enemy is Satan and he has are playbooks and where we are weak, and he is always at work so its def a battle and i hate to say i usually lose but with this new mind set hopefully ill win more often than i have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment