Thursday, December 8, 2011

Its been awhile

OK where to start?.....well since the last time i was on here so much has changed in my life, now besides sitting around playing video games I'm actually being productive :). I'm now a United states marine and becoming a marine is def the biggest challenge I've ever faced, and I'm not gonna lie i wanted to quit alot and i struggled so much, but God helped me through it, i grew so much in my faith. Going through that experience made me so much more confident in myself and what i believe. When you suffer and are striped away from everything, stripped from your comfort zone you have nothing,  that's when i finally relied 100% on God. Well with that said i wanted to talk about i guess you would say my biggest struggle now. I'm currently in Mississippi waiting for my job school to pick up so i have a little time on my hands, but i def was struggling with this in the month of November as well. The scripture that helped me realize that i needed to stop what i was doing and saying was James chapter 3!!! And basically this chapter talks about the tongue and how dominant it can be. I have found myself slipping when it comes to controlling what i say, ex specially now that I'm around people that don't go to church and that are extremely immature i cant control my temper and some of the things i say. James 3:2 says For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. That sounds fairly easy if you read it pretty quickly and move on...but its not! James is actually saying if you can control your small little tongue you can control the rest of your whole body and you'll be perfect. See James knows that it is hard to tame the tongue cause the littlest of things said can start the biggest argument's or hurt someones feelings and break them down. You ever heard that statement you should think before you speak?.. well there is alot of wisdom with that saying.  Verse 6 says that the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. Staining the whole body. So once i read this chapter over and over again, to be honest I'm still reading it cause i cant seem to get past it cause everyday i wake up with the mind set, hey today i will tame my tongue and i will control what i say to myself and to others and i keep failing, I'm getting better and with prayer and Gods grace I'm getting better with controlling the things that come out of my mouth, so not being a scholar at any of this stuff and pretty much just rambling my thoughts out here in this thing people call a blog i would encourage anyone struggling with that little beast called the tongue is to pray and ask God to help you control it and to sing alot of christian songs during the day that seems to help me, I've found the more you can keep positive things on the brain the more positive things come out of the mouth, and read Gods word!!! That is vital Psalm 119:11 says I have stored up your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you. Trash in is trash out think about it!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you said, "I've found the more you can keep positive things on the brain the more positive things come out of the mouth." So true.

    ReplyDelete