Sunday, March 18, 2012

COMPLACENCY

         I have come to know the word complacency very well sense being in the Marines. Everyone says complacency kills! In the military you find yourself doing the same things everyday, over and over and over again. So when you do the same things over and over again you get comfortable and you slowly but surely let your guard down, and as soon as that happens your dead. So why am i saying this? Well it's pretty simple because I have found myself in the last couple months getting complacent with my walk with God. The simple definition for complacency is self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies. Being complacent and comfortable in your christian life is very dangerous. In the last couple months i have been doing the minimum, reading a few verses, praying short simple payers. God sent his only son to die for me so i can spend eternity with Him. But what do i do?.. I get caught up in my life and how busy it is, and how I don't have time to read His word and share Jesus with others, and really pray and fellowship with Him. For my sake I'm thankful I have a savior that died for my sin and forgives me, because in my job complacency kills you and you can't come back from that. Being complacent with God will kill you spiritually if you don't catch it. If your reading this and your comfortable then i would say your wrong! If you are living for God and being a light for the ones around you then you have a target on your back and the one that has put that target on you is Satan. The last thing he wants is strong  followers of Jesus changing the world. Satan is always there holding the chains of your past and all he needs is to wrap your ankle up and he has you. I have noticed it in my own life and I'm gonna live everyday with a new plan and way to serve the Lord so i keep it new and not fall in to a complacent life and if you have read this and noticed that your in a routine in your walk with God I urge you to get out of it before it's to late. There are way to many people that have started strong and finished terrible. My prayer for myself is that I finish strong, I may not have started as strong but at the end of my life I wanna hear from Jesus well done. I want my life to be a light to everyone that I come in contact with, so that they see I'm different and wanna know why. Seek God every moment in your life and finish the race that He has set before you and finish it strong!  

1 comment:

  1. Great post Josh! Yes...Satan will try to lull us to sleep in our "ordinary" lives. But, it's in the "ordinary" that we find the "extraordinary." Just like in the word. Kevin

    ReplyDelete